The strawberry or peach meringue dessert is a well-known dessert in the interior of Colombia. On Sundays when people go out for a walk or a bike ride in Bogotá you can buy it on every corner.
This dessert is made with meringue, chantilly cream and fruits. My favorite is strawberry, but you can also make it with guanabana. It is delicious and melts in your mouth when eating it.
Follow the recipe step by step so you can make a delicious merengon. Click here to learn how to prepare the meringue recipe.
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 10 strawberries
- 8 oz sliced peaches
- In a large bowl, add the ice.
- Place a small bowl on the ice.
- Add the whipping cream.
- Add the powdered sugar and whip until the cream is thick.
- Add the cream into a piping bag.
- On a plate, place a meringue.
- Add the cream on top.
- Add the strawberries or peaches.
- Add another layer of meringue, cream, and strawberries or peaches.
Note: Martha’s Kitchen can earn a small commission through links in this publication