Click aquí para receta en español
- 1 lb white cheese or mozzarella sticks
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/8 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ¾ cup of cold water
- Vegetable oil
- Mix the flour with the butter and stir.
- Add sugar, salt, baking powder and stir
- Add the water little by little and knead until you create a ball of dough.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut the cheese into strips of the desired size.
- Stretch the dough with the rolling pin until it is thin. Cut into long strips with a knife. Roll the cheese in the dough. Make sure the tips are sealed.
- Fry at medium temperature so that the flour inside is well cooked. Remove from oil when golden.