Today, we have a Greek salad in the best style of the Greek Village in Tarpon Springs, FL. This salad is a little different because it has potato salad, and it is a special touch that gives the best flavor to the salad, and was created in the Greek Village.
The Greek salad is very easy to prepare and has two special ingredients: black olives (Kalamata) and Feta cheese; it is a little salty and gives the salad a delicious flavor.
This salad is delicious with coconut rice and bottom round roast beef. You can also pair it with pork loin in prune sauce or stuffed eye or round roast so that you can enjoy a delicious dinner for your Christmas party.
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 1/2 lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 4 oz pepperoncini
- 4 oz black olives (Kalamata)
- 2 cups potato salad
- Feta cheese to taste
Potato Salad Directions:
- Peel and dice 2 large potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes.
- Add mayonnaise and mix.
- Add salt at to taste.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Rosemary, oregano, basil, salt and sugar to taste
- It is recommended to prepare the day before and let the dressing sit for a day.
Greek Salad Directions:
- Wash all vegetables.
- Chop the two lettuces and mix them in a large cup.
- Cut the cucumber into slices.
- Cut the tomato into wedges.
- Cut the onion into slices.
- In a large salad bowl, add half of the lettuce, leaving space in the center like a nest.
- Add the potato salad in the center of the bowl.
- Add half the cucumbers around the potato salad.
- Add half of the tomatoes, half of the olives, half of the onion, half of the feta cheese and half of the pepperoncini.
- Add the second layer of lettuce and repeat all the previous steps with the other half of the vegetables.
- Add the dressing when serving the salad.
- Serve with with coconut rice and bottom round roast beef or pork loin in prune sauce or stuffed eye or round roast
NOTE: Martha’s Kitchen can earn a small commission for links through this publication